443-482-9500 Ext. 126
443-482-9500 Ext. 126
Washington DC Office
202-652-4500 Ext. 126
Erica D. Price
Erica is a Manager in the firm’s Baltimore office with over ten years of experience in public accounting. In addition to her focus on forensic accounting and valuations, she is also knowledgeable regarding the Employee Retention Credit (“ERC”) and is an expert on the Paycheck Protection Program (“PPP”).
When the CARES Act was passed in March 2020, Erica was selected for her firm’s COVID-19 Task Force and was responsible for becoming their PPP subject matter expert. Initially, she served as a resource for answering both internal and client questions about the program. Her responsibilities quickly expanded to overseeing PPP consulting services, including PPP forgiveness assistance and ERC calculation and PPP interplay. She has remained up to date on PPP developments since the program’s inception and has worked almost exclusively on PPP related services from March 2020 through July 2022.
B.S., Accounting, Centenary University (formerly Centenary College)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA, Maryland)
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
Erica has experience managing teams and working on business valuations. Before shifting focus to forensic and valuation work, she was an auditor, where she specialized in audits of employee benefit plans, private investment funds, and non-profits. Her background in audit makes her uniquely positioned to tackle fraud investigations.
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA)
- Member, National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA)
- Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Member, Maryland Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Manager, Vallit Advisors, LLC – December 2022 – Present
- Experienced Manager, Forensics, BDO USA, LLP – August 2022 – November 2022
- Manager, Forensics, BDO USA, LLP (acquired Hertzbach & Company, P.A.) – November 2020 – July 2022
- Manager, Hertzbach & Company, P.A. – July 2020 – November 2020
- Senior Accountant, Hertzbach & Company, P.A. – January 2018 – June 2020
- Senior Auditor, SC&H Group, Inc. – October 2014 – December 2017
- Staff Auditor, SC&H Group, Inc. – May 2012 – September 2014
- Supporting member of the Carrollton Hounds
- PPP Forgiveness: An Update for Nonprofits, July 7, 2020, external webinar hosted by The Capital Group.
- Paycheck Protection Program Enforcement Efforts, November 2, 2022, external webinar co-hosted by Crowell & Moring LLP & BDO. Sole speaker from BDO.
- How PPP Loans Have Impacted Business Valuations and Litigation Engagements, December 2, 2022, co-presenter at the Maryland/Washington D.C. State Chapter NACVA meeting