Zachary C. Reichenbach
As a director at Vallit Advisors, Zachary C. Reichenbach offers immeasurable experience in providing expert witness services in state and federal cases. His experience in the industry includes working on cases in the biotech, construction, insurance, manufacturing, retail transportation and wholesale industries. Zach has in-depth litigation, valuation and bankruptcy experience and specializes in complex commercial damages, valuation, intellectual property and forensic accounting.
MBA, Finance, Loyola University Maryland
BBA, Accounting, Loyola University Maryland
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
Zach has worked on hundreds of cases ranging from simple contract disputes to complex litigation matters. He has sought claims that ranged from thousands of dollars to claims that exceeded millions of dollars. Zach has worked with bankers, creditors, debtors and financial institutions on both secured and unsecured bankruptcy matters claims and is also well-versed in the nuances of forensic accounting analysis. Zach has been acknowledged in The Daily Record’s 20 in Their Twenties, was a 2016 Rising Star Honoree for Living Classrooms and was a 2016 Standing Ovation Honoree for the American Institute of CPAs.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA)
- AICPA Member, Forensic and Valuation Services Section
- MACPA Committee Member/Co-Chair, Forensic and Valuation Services Committee
- CFA Society Baltimore, President (2019-2021)
- CFA Institute, Member
- Anne Arundel Estate Planning Council (AAEPC), Sponsorship Chair
- Vallit Advisors, LLC – October 2019 to current
- Ellin & Tucker, Forensic and Valuation Services Group – 2008 to 2019
Zach has shared his insights on both valuation issues and litigation issues in his career. He has presented to various local bar associations in valuation issues relating to estate and gift tax planning and valuation adjustments. Recently, he presented to the AICPA Advanced Estate Planning Conference on discounts for lack of marketability and control. Zach also frequently speaks to local universities about his profession.
He has also presented on various commercial damages topics with other industry professionals that include quantifying commercial damages, court case updates, and issues pertaining to lost profits and lost value. Some of his audiences include the Maryland State Bar Association (MSBA) Estate Tax Study Group and the American Society of Appraisers (ASA) Washington, D.C. Chapter.
Zach has also volunteered as an expert witness for the National Association of Trial Advocacy’s Advanced Trial Advocacy Program and for the University of Maryland School of Law. Zach has published articles about litigation services to various legal publications in Baltimore, MD, and Washington, DC.