Charles W. Rains
As co-founder and managing member of Vallit Advisors, Charles W. Rains is directly responsible for performance and oversight of engagements in complex litigation and consulting matters involving valuation, damages, forensic accounting, tax and financial issues. Mr. Rains is an Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) by the American Society of Appraisers, a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) and Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) by the AICPA.
Bachelor of Science (BS) in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance and a minor in Mathematics, cum laude, Towson State University.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), licensed in MD
- Accredited Senior Appraiser by American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
- Accredited in Business Valuation by AICPA (ABV)
- Certified in Financial Forensics by AICPA (CFF)
Since 1998, Mr. Rains has been performing business valuation and litigation support services, including commercial damage calculations, lost profit analyses, forensic accounting, bankruptcy, and intellectual property valuations. He has been involved in hundreds of business valuations with total appraised value in the billions of dollars, representing varying industries. Mr. Rains’ litigation experience includes analyzing business losses and improprieties, searches for hidden and undervalued assets, marital/non-marital tracing, minority shareholder dissenting action suits, misappropriation of funds, financial fraud, and opposing expert critiques/rebuttal reports.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, Forensic and Valuation Services Section
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA)
- Member and Past Chair, Forensic and Valuation Services Committee
- Member, FVS Conference Committee
- Past Chairman of the MACPA BVFLS Guest Speaker Committee
- American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
- Member, Maryland Chapter
- President, Past Vice President and Treasurer / Secretary of the Maryland Chapter of the ASA
- Anne Arundel Estate Planning Council
- Vallit Advisors LLC – January 2019 to present
- C.W. Rains & Associates, Inc. – 2013 to 2018
- Invotex Group – 2007 to 2013
- Watkins, Meagan LLC – 2004 to 2007
- Ellin & Tucker, Chartered – 1996 to 2004
Deposition & trial testimony available upon request.