Mark W. Norris
CPA/ABV, CVA, MAFF, ASA
As the co-founder and managing member of Vallit Advisors, Mark W. Norris provides diverse litigation support services to the legal community including business valuations, expert testimony, economic loss calculations, and consulting on fraud detection and prevention. He has developed significant valuation experience in the healthcare industry and provides valuation-related consulting to management teams of regional medical centers. Mr. Norris is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV), Master Analyst in Financial Forensics (MAFF) and an Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) by the American Society of Appraisers.
In September of 2021, Mark was recognized by the Maryland-DC State Chapter Board of NACVA for his outstanding contribution to NACVA and the business valuation profession.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting, University of Baltimore, 1979
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
- Master Analyst in Financial Forensics (MAFF)
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA)
Mr. Norris has over 42 years of accounting and business operations experience and has been providing business valuation consulting services for 28 years. Mr. Norris has worked in the construction and real estate industries and in public accounting firms where he has had a leadership role in the development of the business valuation practice. Mr. Norris has also received more than 1,435 hours of continuing professional education related to business valuation and litigation consulting services.
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA)
- Former Member of the Litigation Forensics Board
- Past Chairman and Member of the Valuation Credentialing Board
- Outstanding Member in the Fourth Quarter 2011 Issue of NACVA Association News
- Past Executive Advisory Board Member
- American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA)
- Vallit Advisors, LLC – January 2019 t0 Present
- Chesapeake Valuation Advisors – May 2016 to December 2018
- Tucker & Meltzer, LLC, 2008 – May 2016
- McLean, Koehler, Sparks & Hammond – 2006 to 2008
- Naden Lean, LLC – 2001 to 2006
- President of a locally-based franchise company – 1999 to 2001
- Naden Lean, LLC – 1993 to 1999
- Worked in family-owned construction business – 1991 to 1993
- Senior VP of Operations for a real estate development firm – 1988 to 1991
- Stegman & Company, P. A. – 1979 to 1988
Deposition & trial testimony available upon request.