R. Christopher Rosenthal
CPA/ABV/CFF, ASA, AEP
As a partner at Vallit Advisors, Chris Rosenthal has over 30 years of dispute consulting, forensic accounting and valuation experience. Chris’s practice is focused on dispute consulting and expert witness testimony in a wide variety of complex litigation matters. His clients include law firms, corporate counsel, government agencies, public and private entities and individuals.
- MBA, Finance, University of Maryland
- BS, Accounting, Virginia Tech
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- Accredited Estate Planner (AEP)
Chris has been qualified and testified in court as an expert witness in over 75 bench and jury trials as well as arbitrations involving civil fraud, commercial business damages, intellectual property and patent damages, business valuations and bankruptcy matters, as well as a variety of other disputes. He has given deposition testimony in over 150 cases. In addition, he has served as a court-appointed expert and an arbitrator.
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA)
American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
The Appraisal Foundation (TAF)
The Appraisal Foundation Advisory Council (TAFAC)
Baltimore Estate Planning Council
Washington, D.C. Estate Planning Council
- Testified regarding consequential damages on behalf of a mobile virtual network operator (Claimant) in a FINRA arbitration, in which the Panel awarded over $80 million.
- Provided an expert report and deposition testimony in a commercial damages matter on behalf of a regional hospital and physician (defendant) regarding alleged damages derived from the valuation of an interest in a casino.
- Provided testimony (declaration) in a patent infringement matter resulting in a 29.2% royalty rate that was affirmed by the U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit.
- Testified in a maritime dispute involving damages sustained by a Floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) unit. Provided testimony for a Fortune Global 100 company regarding damages under the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Vallit Advisors, LLC March 2019 to current
- Ellin & Tucker – 1987 to March 2019
Chris was recently chosen to write for Lost Profits Damages: Principals, Methods and Applications, a 700+ page guide for damages analysts and attorneys about lost profits and lost business value methods and applications. In his chapter, “The Expert Report”, he discusses the role damage experts play in commercial litigation matters, the elements of an effective written expert report at trial, and the legal and suggested requirements of an expert report.
Chris is also active in professional organizations and is a nationally-recognized expert and frequent speaker on topics related to commercial damages, valuation, and forensic accounting. He has addressed professional conferences on a local, state and national level, and he has authored numerous articles on related subjects.
Deposition & trial testimony available upon request.